TAS HOG "CODE OF CONDUCT"
22nd September 2020
By Lynda Somers
Code of Conduct
The Tasmania Chapter of the Harley Owners Group exists for the reasons as outlined in the Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters. These are stated as follows:
- The purpose of the local chapter shall be to promote responsible motorcycling activities for H.O.G. members by conducting chapter activities and encouraging participation in other H.O.G. events.
- Chapter activities and operations shall be conducted in a manner consistent with a family orientated, non-political philosophy.
The Tasmania Chapter has both a moral and a legal obligation to provide a safe and friendly environment for members, guests and the public in general.
The purpose of the Code of Conduct is to provide guidance on the standard of behaviours expected as a Tasmania H.O.G. Chapter member, which includes:
- Behaving in a manner that reflects positively upon the Chapter, H.O.G and the Sponsoring Dealer
- Abiding by the Annual Charter for H.O.G. Chapters
- Adhering to all Chapter rules, regulations and guidelines along with ensuring your motorcycle is registered and roadworthy.
The conduct of members that will not be tolerated and that may result in having your membership cancelled and expulsion from the Chapter include, but is not limited to:
- Aggressive and abusive (both verbal and physical) behaviour
- Discrimination (sexual, racial, religious, physical) or bullying
- Undermining Chapter events or activities including disruptive or coercive behaviour
- Conduct that creates segregation or disharmony within the Chapter
- Derogatory or defamatory comments towards the Sponsoring Dealer, the Chapter and its members
- Failure to abide by Tasmanian Road Rules as legislated
- Unsafe riding, which includes alcohol or drug impaired, speeding, hooning or irresponsible riding that puts members and the public at risk
- Failure to abide by the reasonable and lawful instructions of the Sponsoring Dealer, the Director or Primary Officers
Breaches of the Code of Conduct
It is not possible to outline all possible breaches to the Code of Conduct however general standards of public behaviour, common sense and individual circumstance all influence the behaviour under which we operate our Chapter.
All cases of infringement will be considered by the Sponsoring Dealer.
I agree to abide by the Code of Conduct
Signed _____________________________Date _________________
For more information download this document